Dental implants are growing in popularity as an effective way to replace missing teeth. Implants, like Dental Veneers, are an option that look and feel “natural”. Dental implants can improve a person’s quality of life and add confidence when eating or smiling. Development and use of dental implants has significantly advanced dentistry and the quality of dental health for patients who opt to proceed with them!
5 Important Facts about Dental Implants
- Implants are artificial tooth “roots” that are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gums, where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth, including crowns, bridges and dentures.
- They are made of titanium and other materials accepted by the human body.
- Implants are an option for most everyone. After a through exam, your dentist will discuss options with you and together you will determine the most appropriate treatment plan.
- You must be examined by your dentist before any surgery is scheduled. A physician may also need to be consulted. Bone density should be evaluated to ensure you have sufficient bone structure to support an implant and determine placement.
- Typically, it takes several months for an implant to firmly attach to the jawbone so replacement teeth or a denture can be attached. Our doctors will let you know your timeline.
With careful treatment planning and good oral care, dental implants will provide you with a healthy, stable smile for a lifetime! If you would like a recommendation to a highly skilled local dentist who can be trusted to place your dental implants, call Gentle Dentist at (586) 771-1990 and we will take care of you.